Monday, February 12, 2018

Day 11 - BORING TRADING ..... NQ - 2-12-2018 - 12:15-1:10 pm -19 trades ($76 commissions) - $915 Gross

Well it's Bachannal time in sweet TnT and I wasn't able to be there.

But life must go on, nevertheless. 

Today was interesting since I took a stab at trading ES, and was $500 up at one point, disobeyed my not moving stop rules, and was just holding on to a negative losing trade, and it eventually blew me out. Since this was a renewed effort it was not traded on my regular Sim account.

Near the end of the trading day I was drawn back to the NQ, and that was included due to objective of completing a full 20-day run trading NQ. A full 20 day run would equate to one month's trading based on a business week, and not a calendar month.

The stats for today were simply amazing and I had my usual problems with freezing charts and many restarts of Ninjatrader.

One of the most intriguing stats was between 19 trades (or grouped as 5 trades with multiple contracts), the average time in the market was < 2 minutes per trade. It was happening as a nice flow and I was ONLY focused on the method of entry and protective stops at break-even + 1 or 2 ticks. I never realized it was happening so fast.

Considering we ended with a nice gross amount and under an hour worth of trading, NQ is still being favored as a viable instrument to trade using the Boring Trading method.







Chart used - 

Default_CC-PERMUDA

It keeps failing to load now so will try add it later. Think it's because the market is closed .. (something related to data) not sure why otherwise.





No comments:

Post a Comment